Expressive Arts Peer Support Group
Expressive Arts is an intervention for bereaved youth that helps youth gain a sense of community, learn to articulate progress they make coping with grief and develop long-term coping skills to healthfully manage grief.
Accepted to the Portfolio: December 2013
Short Term Outcomes
- Youth are assessed regarding their level of grief
- Youth receive the appropriate support they need--at the necessary level and duration
- Youth gain a sense of community and experience a decreased sense of isolation
- Youth articulate the progress they make on coping with their grief
Long Term Outcomes
- Supported grieving youth exhibit positive academic outcomes, resulting in high school completion and successful transition to post-secondary education.
- Supported grieving youth have robust support systems and exhibit low health-risk behaviors.
- Childhood (6 - 11)
- Youth (12 - 16)
- Transitional Age Youth (16 - 24)
- Southeast (District 1)
- Southwest (District 2)
- Central (District 3)
- Northeast (District 4)
- Northwest (District 5)