Triple P - Positive Parenting Program
The Triple P – Positive Parenting Program ® is a parenting and family support system designed to prevent – as well as treat – behavioral and emotional problems in children and teenagers. It aims to prevent problems in the family, school and community before they arise and to create family environments that encourage children to realize their potential.
Triple P draws on social learning, cognitive behavioral and developmental theory as well as research into risk factors associated with the development of social and behavioral problems in children. It aims to equip parents with the skills and confidence they need to be self-sufficient and to be able to manage family issues without ongoing support.
This is an evidence-based program! Learn more...
Short Term Outcomes
- Increase parents’ competence in promoting healthy development and managing common behavior problems and developmental issues
- Increase parental confidence in raising their children
Long Term Outcomes
- Reduce parents’ use of coercive and punitive methods of disciplining children
- Increase parents’ use of positive parenting strategies in managing their children’s behavior
- Decrease child behavior problems (for families experiencing difficult child behaviors
- Improve parenting partners’ communication about parenting issues
- Reduce parenting stress associated with raising children
- Early Childhood (0 - 5)
- Adult (25 - 60)
- Southeast (District 1)
- Southwest (District 2)
- Central (District 3)
- Northeast (District 4)
- Northwest (District 5)